Screencast showing how to boot an OpenWrt router into Failsafe Mode, then connect to it with telnet, set a temporary password, copy a new firmware and reflash the router.
The router is plugged in, and after a few seconds the SYS led (leftmost) starts to blink slowly. At the first blink, the reset button is pressed once, and the LED blinks really fast, indicating the router booted into "failsafe mode".
More information about failsafe mode:
Step-by-step, using a computer running Ubuntu Linux:
1. Create a new ethernet connection in Ubuntu, set IPv4 method to "Manual" and add an address 192.168.1.99, with netmask 24.
2. Connect the router to the computer with an ethernet cable, and boot OpenWrt into "failsafe mode"
3. Back in Ubuntu, select the newly created connection.
4. Now you should be getting replies when you try to "ping 192.168.1.1" from a console window on your computer.
5. On a second console window, login into the router with telnet
6. Once inside, run
August 22, 2015 Subject:
dropbear não funcioonaaa
Não tentem este tutorial na sequencia em que se encontra.
efetue o reboot no roteador após ver a mensagem "impossível acessar o uBus"
tente os comandos apoósss reiniciar em modo normal (não em modo de segurançã - sem modo failsafe)
scp XXXXXXXXX*-sysupgrade.bin email@example.com:/tmp/ (para roteadores com OpenWRT)
scp XXXXXXXXX*-factory.bin firstname.lastname@example.org:/tmp/ (para roteadores vindos da fábrica - firmware original do fabricante)